This position manages one or more operational responsibilities including property control, facilities management, finance, human resources and other services essential to the operation of a college, division, office, or unit. Manages and oversees staff in the daily operations of assigned area. Generally reports to a Dean, Director, or other appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for the management of multiple operational functions such as facility operations, property control, purchasing, security, finance and human resources.
- Participates in the establishment of operational goals and objectives that align with the overall strategic plan.
- Administers budgets for new and existing programs. Prepares financial analysis such as income and expense forecasting as well as financial reports for assigned areas.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves complex issues related to the operations of a college, division, or unit.
- Participates in the planning and administration of departmental and project activities.
- Resolves escalated problems referred by subordinate supervisors or staff.
- Plans and coordinates department activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Advises faculty, staff, and administrators regarding university policies and procedures related to their assigned area.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/procedures, and resolving work related problems.
- Responsible for monitoring the work environment of assigned area to ensure compliance with the University non-discrimination and workplace harassment policies by reporting alleged violations to senior management in a timely manner.
- May serve as the Department Security Administrator (DSA) or Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.