Participates in planning and supervising audits, investigations, management advisory services, and other services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Contributes significantly in the planning, management and completion of investigations, audits, and advisory services.
- Shares in the responsibility for the accomplishment of the mission of the OIA.
- Manages the Compliance Hotline; coordinates and conducts complaint review and fraud investigations.
- Coordinates the work of audit managers, senior auditors and staff auditors. Represents the Chief Audit Executive when necessary.
- Initiates and develops programs and holds educational sessions promoting effective internal controls within the highest ethical environment.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and seven years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and eight years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
CIA, CPA, CISA or CFE certification.
Audit managers, internal auditors, interns or student assistants in audit projects.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Financial Management*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Role Model*
- Problem Solving*
- Political Savvy*
- Talent Selection*
- Strategic Thinking*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.