Responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of all functional areas within the Registrar’s Office, which may include admissions, registration and/or academic record keeping functions of a state university. Responsible to an Assistant or Associate Vice President, a Vice President, or equivalent level administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of all functional areas within the Registrar’s Office, which may include admissions, registration and/or academic record keeping functions of a state university.
- Responsible for the administration of university wide policies and procedures within legislative statutes and state regulations regarding admissions, registration, and/or records.
- Supervises the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that the established goals and objectives for the department, university, and the Board of Education are communicated and met. Provides leadership and direction in policy development.
- Formulates and administers annual operating budgets for the functional area.
- Serves on appropriate university and systemwide committees, as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in a relevant area of specialization and four years directly related professional work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of specialization and six years directly related professional work experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.