Director, Child Development
Director of the overall management and administrative direction of all Baby Gator centers. Responsible for analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other directors, managers, professionals, and support staff*. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Direct the overall management of Baby Gator childcare centers. Supervises Directors as well as center teaching and support staff. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and university regulations as well as compliance with licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Serves as part of a department’s leadership team.
- Leads the strategic planning for assigned areas and responsible for developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervisor of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Doctorate in Early Childhood Education or a related field, five years of early childhood teaching experience, and three years experience in and administrative role.
Licensure and Certification
Florida Department of Children and Families Director Credential and Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Director Endorsement.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.