This position manages the day to day development and administration of a comprehensive health and welfare program for the university. Manages one or more functional teams within the University’s benefits office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides leadership in the planning, design, and implementation of benefits policies and procedures for assigned workgroup.
- Oversees the collection, processing, workflow, and overall quality of benefits data.
- Coordinates benefits policies and procedures with the state Division of Management
- Services as well as benefits vendors to ensure compliance with vendor agreements, university regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Resolves complaints and concerns from venders, customers, and other stakeholders.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.