Associate University Registrar
Responsible to the University Registrar or equivalent higher level administrator. Functions for the Registrar in his/her absence, as required. May be delegated responsibility for the overall direction and management of a specific functional area.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for assisting the Registrar in providing the management, administrative direction, coordination, and control of activities within the Registrar’s area.
- Responsible for developing schedules of classes and examinations; utilization and assignment of instructional space; publication of university course and program catalogs; coordination of university registrar operations with the university’s colleges and schools and for inter-institutional relationships; preparing, interpreting, and disseminating academic records for deans, faculty, students, and parents as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing programs and operating systems for improving university registrar operations.
- Prepares budgets for student record keeping activities, and statistical reports and analyses for university and governmental agencies.
- Responsible for the coordination of data processing services and systems for the Registrar.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years directly related professional work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years directly related professional work experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.