Assistant Director, Safety & Security
Responsible for development and direction of one or more safety and/or security programs. May function for the Director or Associate Director in his/her absence, as required. Responsible to the Director or an Associate Director, Safety and Security or appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for development and direction of one or more safety and/or security programs. May function for the Director or Associate Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Develops and recommends policies relating to assigned areas of responsibility. Coordinates the development, implementation and interpretation of operating procedures.
- Assists in insuring that the goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Recommends operating budgetary needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for liaison activities among functional area(s) and other departments.
- May serve on university committees.
- Coordinates the completion of studies and the preparation of reports.
- Assists in the investigation of crimes and other offenses.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience. Must meet Florida statutory and Administrative Code requirements.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.