Manager, University Records
This position is responsible for the University’s records and information management program. It serves as principal advisor to senior administration on policies and practices, including compliance with legal records requirements, state and federal laws and regulations. The position manages professional records analysts.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an institution-wide records and information management program, policy, and procedures.
- Works closely with other administrative units, such as Office of General Counsel, Information Technology, Internal Audit, and Office of the Provost, to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Establishes program guidelines for the management of information in electronic and digital formats.
- Oversees communications with University units concerning records management information, technology applications, digitization and storage options, and disposal.
- Develops and provides a comprehensive training program for University records liaisons and other staff working with University records.
- Collaborates with University Archivist on disposition of records appropriate for the archives.
- Serves as liaison to external agencies, such as the Division of Library and Information Services of the Department of State as required by Florida statute.
- Provides leadership and expertise on records and information management issues to the University community.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation is preferred.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.