Assistant Director, Admissions
Assists the Director or other appropriate administrator in the management of one or more aspects of an admissions unit and/or function. This position is generally responsible for the management of a segment of an admissions unit or a major function. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other managers, professionals, and support staff*. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Director, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Assistant Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists the director or other appropriate administration in the management of one or more admissions and enrollment functions with a college, department, or unit. Responsible for interpreting admissions regulations and policies as well as the establishment and implementation of new programs/systems to effectively manage admissions.
- Serves on the management team with the Director.
- Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and four years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.