Assistant Director, Child Development
Assists the Associate Director or other appropriate administrator in the management of one or more Baby Gator centers. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other managers, professionals, and support staff*. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Director, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Assistant Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees the daily operations of one or more Baby Gator centers including the supervision of all teaching and support staff of assigned area. Responsible for ensure compliance with state and federal licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Serves on the management team with the Director.
- Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Florida Department of Children and Families Director Credential and Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Director Endorsement.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.