Financial Officer, SIP
This position manages the financial operations and accounting functions for the UF Self-Insurance Program.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Directs the professional accounting operations of the UF Self-Insurance Program (UFSIP), HEIC, and other state self-insurance programs contracting with UFSIP.
• Manages fiscal and accounting staff and manages the work flow.
• Develops policies and procedures in conformance with industry standards.
• Oversees reconciliations of complex fund sources, accounts, and investments.
• Compiles financial statements and maintains financial records.
• Acts as a liaison with internal and external bodies concerning financial issues.
• Manages contribution and premium receivable functions, including compiling and analyzing underwriting and actuarial data.
• Ensures compliance with applicable reporting, accounting, and audit standards.
• Serves as liaison with internal and external auditors, State of Florida, State of Vermont, and external CPA firms.
• Compiles data related to reserves, losses, expenses and revenues and conducts analyses.
• Is responsible for production of financial reports.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree and six years of related work experience.
Licensure and Certification
May require Certified Public Accountant certification.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.